Covid 19 Guidelines
The British Acupuncture Council have set out specific criteria for a phased return to normal practice. We are currently in phase 3 “Urgent care & high needs”. This means that we can treat any conditions such as: pain related conditions, mental or emotional health issues, fertility treatments to name a few. Each situation is assessed on its own merit so please get in touch if you are unsure.
In order to receive treatment, you must be able to meet all of the criteria below. If you are able to do this you can either contact me directly or book an appointment online. Any questions, don’t hesitate to get in touch.
You will be asked these questions again in clinic and asked to sign a consent form to confirm your answers.
High Risk Categorisation
- had an organ transplant
- having any treatments for cancer
- had a bone marrow or stem cell transplant in the past 6 months or still taking immunosuppressant medicine
- told by a doctor that you have a severe lung condition (such as cystic fibrosis, severe asthma or severe COPD)
- have a condition that means you have a very high risk of getting infections (such as SCID or sickle cell)
- taking medicine that makes you more likely to get infections (such as high dose steroids)
- Pregnant and have serious heart condition
Moderate Risk Categorisation
- 70 or older
- have a lung condition that is not severe (such as asthma, COPD, emphysema or bronchitis)
- have heart disease (such as heart failure)
- have diabetes
- have chronic kidney disease
- have liver disease (such as hepatitis)
- have a condition affecting the brain or nerves (such as Parkinson’s disease, motor neurone disease, multiple sclerosis or cerebral palsy)
- have a condition that means you have a high risk of getting infections
- taking medicine that can affect the immune system (such as low doses of steroids)
- BMI of 40 or above